What arguments would you use to make the case for the policy? What argument(s) would your opponents make?
Using a Health Policy Model to Develop a Change in Policy to Improve the Public’s Health
This assignment focuses on the methods to develop a change in policy to improve the public’s health by using a health policy model.
Suppose you want to initiate a policy of taxing sugared sodas/pop/beverages in your community. Use the Longest’s policy cycle model to ponder the following questions:
- What arguments would you use to make the case for the policy?
- What argument(s) would your opponents make?
- How would you go about getting buy-in for your proposed policy?
- What stakeholder groups need to be involved in promoting your policy?
- Submit your response in a 2-page Microsoft Word document (500 words).
- Name your document SU_NSG4068_W1_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Cite sources in the APA format on a separate page.