Part 1: Please answer 2 of the following questions below as your original (no additional responses needed for Part 1). Place in the subject line which 2 questions you are answering. Ideally, as a group, you will cover all of the questions at least once.
1. What are the legal uses of the health record?
2. Are the entries made in the health record ordinarily subject to cross-examination? Why or why not?
3. What questions are typically presented to the custodian of records in order to introduce a health record into evidence?
4. What legal processes may be used to remove the health record from the health-care provider’s safekeeping?
5. Should the health information manager assume that each subpoena presented requires the release of the information requested? Why or why not?
6. How should the health information manager handle an invalid subpoena duces tecum?
Part 2: Answer the question below and respond to at least one other learner.