Summarize what you learned about applications that use ICNP and approaches to implementation.
Go to www.icfresearchbranch.org (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and
- Browse ICF and ICF-CY codes to increase familiarity.
- Learn more about how ICF core sets are developed and download ICF Core Sets of Interest.
- Complete the ICF E-Learning Tool and then complete the “ICF Progress Test” to test your knowledge.
- Review ICF case studies.
- Explore ICF-based documentation.
- Read ICF Research Branch newsletters.
Visit the ICF Research Branch site and search for spinal cord case studies here: https://www.icfresearchbranch.org/search?q=spinal+cord&Search= (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
This site provides 20 case studies on the utilization of the ICF related to spinal cord injury. Choose a case study that interests you (for example, health behavior, sports in rehabilitation), and read it. After you read the case study, think about (and share with the class) how you could apply what you learned in the case study to a different population or setting.
Chapter 12 Application Exercises 1 and 2
- Read “Selecting a Standardized Terminology for the Electronic Health Record that Reveals the Impact of Nursing on Patient Care” at http://www.ojni.org/12_2/lundberg.pdf (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Review the article and write a paper summarizing the main points made by the authors with regard to the benefits of selecting their system for the EHR.
- Review the ICNP Technical Implementation Guide found at http://www.icn.ch/images/stories/documents/publications/free_publications/ICNP_Technical_Implementation_Guide.pdf (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Summarize what you learned about applications that use ICNP and approaches to implementation.
- You have the choice to write a two-page paper, double spaced, or create a multimedia presentation