The threaded discussions will provide the student with the opportunity to explore different topics, share what he/she is learning with classmates, and gain clarity about the content. This assignment reflects student centered, independent learning.
The students will:
1. Apply critical thinking through participation of selected topics
2. Incorporate topic discussion into clinical judgment and decision making within practice setting
For each posted discussion question, the student is expected to:
· The questions below should serve as a guide to formulating your posting. Don’t just answer the questions, create a narrative paragraph(s) using the questions to direct your thinking.
· Posting should ask for clarification, challenge (respectfully) ideas, or describe a situation that illustrates the points being made. Simply agreeing or disagreeing with a post is not adequate
3. How do you feel about the use of life-sustaining measures in the face of terminal illness? Examples: Permanent coma? Irreversible chronic illness, such as Alzheimer’s disease? Debilitating Stroke?
4. How do you feel about particular medical procedures? Examples: mechanical breathing (respirator), cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), artificial nutrition and hydration, hospital intensive care, pain relief medication, chemo or radiation therapy and surgery.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"