Identify what your FAVORITE elements are in the short story “The Lottery” by shirely jackson AND explain what attracted you to the short story?
Identify what elements you HATED in the short story “Jitling Of Granny Weatherall” by Katherine Anne Porter AND explain what repels you to the short story?
MLA FORMAT ONLY
On a separate sheet of paper take the short story “Misery” by Anton Chekhov and answer the following questions below in PARAGRAPH form: 300 WORDS MLA FORMAT ONLY
1. Why does Chekhov tell the story of Potapov’s grief at a time when he’s working? Why not let us see the little boy dying in the hospital and the father grieving?
2. What do the two sets of passengers contribute to the story? They’re not in”misery”. How does Chekhov make use of them?
3. How does Chekhov keep the story from becoming sentimental?
4. Is there humor in the story? Where? Why?
5. How has chekhov undermined the traditional story?