1. Main Entry: Post a brief analysis of what you have learned from this weekâ€™s readings and activities. Clearly identify each segment of the required response in order to facilitate discussion development. In 5 sentence or more, synthesize your thoughts on …
a. How do biological, psychological, and social-cultural factors interact to produce specific psychological disorders? Consider disorders such as eating disorders in Western cultures, Amok in Malaysia, Susto in Latin America and Hikikomori in Japan.
b. Support your post. Provide a reference for one professional, peer-reviewed article in support of points addressed in your response. The reference should be APA formatted. Include an accessible link so your classmates can explore the article you have selected.
Spielman, R. M. (2018b). Psychology Unit 16, Module 2: What are psychological disorders? https://www.oercommons.org/courseware/module/15380/overview
Farreras, I. G. (2020). History of mental illness. In R. Biswas-Diener & E. Diener (Eds), Noba textbook series: Psychology. Champaign, IL: DEF publishers. Retrieved from http://noba.to/65w3s7ex
Reflect on the following statement: The current United States healthcare industry can be described as highly complex, fragmented, and ever-changing, requiring healthcare leaders to ensure sustainability and success is achieved for their organization.
Discussion Post: In a minimum of 150 words, briefly discuss the following questions, based on this week’s materials and the statement referenced above:
Musson, D.M. & Helmreich, R.L. (2004). Team Training and Resource Management in Health Care: Current Issues and Future Direction. Harvard Health Policy Review, 5(1), 25-35. http://homepages.wmich.edu/~rantz/www/5100/musson_helmreich_HHPR_2004.pdf
A person has planted a bomb in downtown Chicago, and it will detonate in forty-eight hours unless FBI agents are able to find it. You are an FBI agent, and you and your partner locate a possible suspect. You and your partner take the person to an undisclosed location. You follow procedures but are not able to get the information you need. Five hours have elapsed. You and your partner discuss the idea of using torture to extract information from this suspected bomber.
1. What facts would you need to gather in this case in order for you to believe that this person is the bomber?
2. If you had all these facts in question 1, would you use torture to extract the information from this suspect knowing it is illegal? Explain why you would or would not torture this subject.
3. Find an article discussing torture and summarize their argument for or against torture. Analyze their argument and use facts to state whether or not you agree with that argument.
Please note: you will have to make your contribution first before viewing other students’ posts.
There are some interesting youtube videos on the pros and cons or rights and wrongs of torture. I will not post any here, though, because I do not want to sway opinions.
1. Divide your post into at least 3 paragraphs, one for each question. The answer to the third question could be a couple paragraphs.
2. Be thorough. For example, answer “why” you decide to do what you do or “why” you believe what you do.
3. For the article, you are to SUMMARIZE, ANALYZE, EXPRESS YOUR OPINION – it’s in three parts!