Dr. K. P. Seiberling
One inch margins
12 point font (standard fonts only)
Paragraph form ONLY
Works Cited Page AND in text citations (deductions will occur if you do not use both)
Recognizable sections (3 required sections)
The paper should be 5-10 pages (excluding the cover page and works cited page)
The paper should include three resources, which MAY include the Bible and the assigned
class text, A Faith Called Christianity. One or more sources should be a non-assigned text for the class.
The credo paper should reflect the following:
-a self-understanding of the studentâ€™s personal spiritual journey
-demonstrate an understanding of course material
– how it applies to the studentâ€™s life.
The Credo paper should have three major sections:
Section1 Religious Background – The religious background contains information on the studentâ€™s spiritual journey and can include denominational connections, if the student has one they would like to share.
(1-2 full pages. 12 points total for the section)
Section 2 – doctrinal statement and application
MUST include statements and comments about the following: The student must demonstrate:
1. The understand what was presented in class even if you believe something different.
2. If you believe what is taught in class, how did you come to this conclusion.
3. If you believe something different be sure you give support for your stance â€¦ why do YOU believe what you believe!)
Answer the questions belowâ€¦
1. What the STUDENT believes about God
2. What the STUDENT believes about Jesus Christ
3. What the STUDENT believes about the Holy Spirit
4. What the STUDENT believes about human nature
5. What the STUDENT believes about the Bible
6. What the STUDENT believes about salvation
7. What the STUDENT believes about the sacraments.
(2 Â½ -5 full pages 8 points each question x for a total of 64 points)
Section 3 – doctrinal statement and application
The section MUST include:
1. What things are right and what things are wrong? How do people know what is right and wrong?
2. How does a good person live? You may not cite the â€œGolden Ruleâ€. Such an answer will receive a 0. Do you live this way? Where do you place yourself in the moral development stages we discussed in class.
3. How does what I believe about God affect how I live my life and how I treat others?
4. What happens when I die and to others when they die? How does what I believe about God affect what happens when I die?
5. . Does what you believe about God hold you and others accountable for how individuals live their lives good or bad? (In other wordsâ€¦ If someone does something terrible like murder or rape a loved one, how does God hold the offender accountable)
6. In your belief system how will things that are unjust be reconciled?
Please note these are very hard an complex questions please donâ€™t blow these off.
(1 Â½-3 pages / 6 points per question total of 24 points)