Watch the video Peer Influence and Adolescent Behavior from Brains on Trial below ( https://amara.org/en/videos/27egxppjT0Q3/info/peer-influence-and-adolescent-behavior/ ) While watching, focus on the results of the adolescent’s actions when alone versus when being watched by peers.
Use the concepts in the textbook, under the heading Adolescent Peer Relations and following pages regarding peer relationships, to assist you in explaining the results of this study by answering these questions:
· What type of peer pressure was influencing the research subject’s behavior? Why does this impact the research subject?
· Which peer-delinquency link best describes the reason for his actions? Is the peer-delinquency link real or perceived on the subject’s part?
· What are the implications of this study regarding peer influence?
· Do you think control theory argument is valid based on this study? Why?
After reading Chapters 9 and 10 and familiarizing yourself with the chapter concepts, read the Case Profile – Luis’s Story in Chapter 9 PAGE 353 Focus on how the chapter concepts could explain aspects of Luis’s delinquency. Also, conduct further research, through credible sources, to develop a deeper understanding of the factors that may have contributed to his actions. Remember to think of concepts in previous chapters, which may have contributed to the initial explanation of why he even joined the gang.
You should take a thoughtful and analytical approach to the issues raised in the case study and by the additional resources in order to prepare yourself to answer the questions posed in the critical thinking portion of the case study. Address the following prompts:
· Could his family situation have led to him joining the gang? What risks factors can you identify that may have led to him joining the gang? What types of delinquency did it create?
· Many theory’s attempt to explain gang formation and theories behind joining a gang. Review the formation theories under the heading Why do Youth’s Join Gangs? in the textbook, and identify which view characterizes why Luis joined a gang. Explain your rationale.
· What was Luis’s role in formal schooling? How did his participation in school factor into his delinquency? What type of school behaviors did he display, which are factors in delinquency?
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"