Evaluate the performance of your organization or department. Identify an area that would significantly benefit from initiating a change. Write a paper (1,500-1,750 words) in which you describe the particular area you propose to address through a change initiative. Include the following for your company:
- Discuss the issues in this area and the current outcomes as a result of the issues.
- Describe the external and/or internal driving forces, contributing issues, and the people affected.
- Evaluate the stakeholders involved and discuss how they will be affected by your change initiative.
- Clarify your role and responsibility as a change leader. Discuss the leadership theory (or theories) you will use to guide the change process.
- Discuss the change agents you need to recruit in order to successfully implement your change. Describe the roles of these change agents.
- Utilize your change model to develop strategies: (a) Explain the relevance of this model to your organization; and (b) Present the strategic aspects using your model. Be sure to clearly define the purpose of each aspect, the people involved, and the actions that need to be taken.
- Identify, or predict, the potential barriers to change. Discuss possible ways to overcome these obstacles, including methods for dealing with emerging or unforeseen circumstances that could impede implementation.
- Describe the evaluation methods you will use to determine the level of success of your change initiative. Discuss what metrics or measurable determinates you will use.
- Propose strategies to anchor change or support continuous change.
- Establish how your change plan supports the organizational mission/goal, genuinely addresses stakeholder concerns, and will serve as an equitable contribution for the community or society overall.